Talking Real - Questions (S1E5) Talking Real - Questions (S1E5)

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. It's good that you've come here to air your thoughts and make others aware of how you are feeling, and it's great that you're talking about them with close friends, because otherwise the problems eat away at you, and you'll feel even worse.

I don't think it's a bad thing for wanting financial security and wanting to be successful. Money is important and it gives you choices. I feel that everyone wants this, and I think it's right to want this. I feel right now you just need a job, any job. Then from there, work towards getting a job that you enjoy. Volunteering is also a great way to get yourself some confidence and some work experience. Do that, and at least you're getting yourself out of your home and distracting yourself.

The priority right now is to find yourself some financial stability, so getting a job should (for now) come before your hobbies. Once you have some money coming in you can start saving some of it, and invest in your music with better samples and hardware. Don't worry about reaching 100 people with a piece of music, and FUCK YouTube! There are so many people doing stuff there that it's just going to get lost. Focus on building up an audience on Facebook and invite people to your page. encourage people to share your music around and tell them how much it would mean to you if they could leave a comment. Reach out to people, ask them if they would share your work, build up a personal connection with some people! You can come to me, I will share your things!

I also think it's very important that you make time for your friends, make sure you hang out and take time away from problems whenever you can. Don't be afraid to reach out to people and talk to them. I think your true friends will always be there for you no matter what, you're not going to be on your own with this.

Set yourself some goals, such as sending out your resume to five different employers every day via e-mail or post. Go for that coffee with that friend you haven't spoken to in a while, start work on that song you've been putting off. Set some goals, some targets for yourself to hit. Keep them realistic, and don't be too disappointed if you don't hit them the first time, just keep trying!

I think in a year, you can achieve a lot if you have the positive mental attitude. You can be employed, you can love yourself and you can make a plan to secure your future. But you're already doing great just by identifying your problems and talking to people about them. Take care, and thank you for reaching out here on Newgrounds to tell us how you're feeling :)

RealFaction responds:

Exactly, has been eating away at me, can't do it anymore. Yeah i need a job but....im too emotionally wrapped in it like i feel almost entirely worthless if i don't have one. That's not right. I'm starting to think it's my parents. I've tried facebook thats kinda bs too so i gave up there. Thanks man.

I make time just a lot of people are busy and most of the time i dont have the money to hang out with people, so thats why im alone a lot. I've been doing that, resumes, applications, everything. Eventually i just gave up because of being discriminated. I've been jobless since February, i'm probably going on disability. This whole struggle has been going on for many many years off and on, always hard for me to find a job, and hard for me to perform with them.

People in this city won't hire me because they discriminate me for my mental disorders, thats just how it realistically is. It's making me have no choice but to go on disability, and if thats the case, so be it. Thanks. I just want to figure out why i feel like this, starting to think its the pressure from my parents.

FD - Lost FD - Lost

I was fortunate enough to hear this prior to it going on Newgrounds, and I was instantly inspired. Sometimes I just listen to something and I can't stop obsessing over it. I have probably had this play from start to finish six times already and i'm not sure why!

Either way, I really hope something can come of this inspiration i've gathered. Thank you for this latest creation!

ForgottenDawn responds:

Thanks for taking your time listening and writing this comment. :)

The Road to the Sacred Mountain The Road to the Sacred Mountain

I utterly adore this composition! This was clearly inspired by Journey and you completely nailed it! My only complaint is the tremolo strings at 2:27 and 3:51 that just cut out to nothing, sounded a little odd and broke the flow. But everything else I loved! Great job!

ForgottenDawn responds:

Thank you, we're so glad it reminded you of Journey right ahead :D We'll also be more careful about those transitions next time. Thanks for your review!